Summary of Experience
Scott Fagan is Cornerstone Technologies Inc. Principal field geologist that has conducted site assessment and management of remediation activities at more than 200 private and municipal sites to investigate and treat soil and groundwater impacted by hydrocarbon fuels or solvents. Responsibilities include the following. Field duties consist of onsite geologist logging soil borings, 5035 sampling methodology, Installation of monitoring and extraction wells, oversight of well construction and development, manage hollow stem auger, mud rotary, air rotary and direct push drilling equipment, perform groundwater monitoring using submersible and DC electric pumps and hydro-punch sampling, conduct operation and maintenance on remedial systems and manage geophysical logging in monitoring wells.
Testing duties include responsible for setting up analytical testing requirements, performed vapor extraction testing, performed aquifer testing, slug testing, responsible for setting up testing for bioremediation including bacterial counts, dissolved oxygen and oxidation/reduction potential.
Office duties include prepare tables, graphs and conduct all drafting of figures, prepare reports, analyze aquifer and vapor test data, run models for contaminant plume containment, prepare Site Conceptual Model and prepare Feasibility Studies and Remedial Action Reports.
1981 California State University Long Beach
Master of Science, Geology 95% completed
1975 Oregon State University
Bachelor of Science, Geology
Hazardous Waste Management, 24 Hour HAZWOPER
- California General Engineering A – Contractors License, Hazardous Certification
- Groundwater Pollution Remedial – Actions-Short Course, University of California, Davis
- Risk Assessment for the Environmental Professional – Short Course, National Groundwater Association
- Diagnosis and Remediation of DNAPL Sites -Short Course, Waterloo Center for Groundwater Research
- Reservoir Engineering AAPG
- Structural Geology AAPG
- Economic Evaluation – Santa Fe Energy